Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'deferred action faq'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Dream Act 2013
    • Forum News & Announcements
    • Dream Act News
    • Dream Act Questions & Answers
    • Dream Lounge
    • Local Action
  • Dream Act Talk
    • Introduce Yourself
    • General Discussions
    • Life After Deferred Action
    • Create a Poll
    • Resume/Job Help
  • Dream Act Inquiries
    • Forum Feedback

Found 3 results

  1. A lot has been written on deferred Action, a new program that starts on August 15, 2012 for young undocumented students in the United States. However, few have offered any “tips” for filing a successful Dreamer application. Applicants will find their application process will run smoother if they keep the following in mind: 1. Apply slowly. Don’t try to beat the rush and submit a partial application. If the I-821D is denied there is no right to appeal or file a motion to reopen. 2. If you have had contact with the police in the past, do NOT apply until an attorney has seen your conviction documents (docket sheets). 3. Thoroughly document your application with the evidence requested to avoid a delay in your case due to lack of evidence. 4. Download the applications from the USCIS web site. The forms, which must be filed together, are the I-821D, I-765 and I-765 WS. They are fillable online, but must be sent in hard copy to one of the four designated USCIS Immigration Lockboxes. Visit the USCIS web site to insure you file with the Lockbox which corresponds to your address. 5. While you’re applying, DO NOT travel outside of the U.S. after August 15, 2012! You will be inegible for the program. 6. Keep in mind fraud and misrepresentation can trigger a denial and result in you being placed in removal proceedings. 7. Send Immigration fees in the form of a Money Order. By doing, so you can trace the money order and ensure that the application will be processed promptly as if paid with cash. 8. Make copies of everything you submit and send the application via certified mail to confirm receipt. 9. Translate all non-English documents into English. 10. Submit proof that you arrived in the U.S. BEFORE turning 16 and have resided continuously in the U.S. for at least 5 years as of June 15, 2007. Deferred action is not an amnesty, it is not a Green Card. It is a work permit, renewable every two years, that will allow the applicant to get employment in the U.S., a driver’s license, and a Social Security number. Source:
  2. This FAQ is taken directly from DHS Website. If you have any questions, reply below. Over the past three years, this Administration has undertaken an unprecedented effort to transform the immigration enforcement system into one that focuses on public safety, border security and the integrity of the immigration system. As DHS continues to focus its limited enforcement resources on the removal of individuals who pose a danger to national security or a risk to public safety, including aliens convicted of crimes, with particular emphasis on violent criminals, felons, and repeat offenders, DHS will move to exercise prosecutorial discretion to ensure that enforcement resources are not expended on low priority cases, such as individuals who were brought to this country through no fault of their own as children, have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or multiple misdemeanor offenses, and meet other key criteria. Effective immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States through no fault of their own as young children and meet several key criteria will be considered for relief from removal from the country or entered into removal proceedings. Those who demonstrate that they meet the criteria will be eligible to receive deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action. Individuals will not be eligible if they are not currently in the United States and cannot prove that they have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding today