I guess some of us April 2013 applicants are still on hold. My last e-request (the fourth one, I think?) came out as "pending adjudication", so hopefully we're next. I've also seen some people from April getting approved, so let's hope.
Like the previous poster dsaid, alot of us were working while waiting. But I did hear that you should find a new job after you get approved bcuz you can put in jeopardy the company you work for since they hired an illegal.
A lot of us were working before, during the process and after. It does not affect the DACA. It will be up to he employer if he wants to keep you employed when you try to bring in the new paperwork and ss number to switch from "other information they had on file". :/
I've noticed that many people don't seem to know that you have to create an account online to be able to receive Case Status Updates. I think this is because many people believe that by sending in the form G-1145 with their application, they would receive text and e-mail updates. The purpose of the form G-1145 was to notify you of when the Lockbox had received your application. After that, you won't get any further updates on your case.
If you want to receive a notification whenever there is an update to your case, you're going to have to Sign up for it on the USCIS website.
Let's get started:
- First, go to this link to create an account,
- You will see this form. Fill it out and click Submit. *Make sure to add a phone number if you want to receive text updates.
- After you have created your account, Sign In using your User ID and Password.
- After you have logged in, you will have the option to add your Receipt Number to your Portfolio. Click on Add a Case to Your Portfolio *You will be able to add your second Receipt Number on the next page.
- Enter your Application Receipt Number,
- Your application will now be added to your Portfolio. Click on Add a Case to Your Portfolio to add your second Receipt Number.
- After you have added both Receipt Numbers to your portfolio, you will then be able to turn on the notifications. First, click on both of the boxes under Select. Then, click on E-mail Alert On or Mobile Alert On, or both, to turn on the notifications.
- You will now receive a notification whenever there is an update to your case, like a Request For Evidence, Approval, Denial, Notice To Appear, Name Update or Case Transfer. No more need for constant checking. * Some of you will still be checking your status daily.
Don't quit your job man, bcuz you don't know how long it will take. BUT.... do quit after or tell your employer of your situation if you feel like they will be ok with it. Bcuz you could put them in danger for hiring an "illegal"