Register Today

Register on the forums so you can fully enjoy the shoutbox, as well as being able to post on the forums, update your profile, and chat with other members of the forum. Also enjoy contests and prizes from time to time. Most importantly, being able to give your 2 cents about things that effects YOU!

CLICK ME TO REGISTER NOW. Only takes 1-2 minutes.

Photo

Can a person apply if they have been deported?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

# Rick

Rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I know a person that came to the US when she was a child, 3?, and was deported when she was 5. She came back with her family completed hs and is accepted to college. She was told by a lawyer that because she was deported she was not elligable for the dream act. Is this right ?

Who read this topic? (Total : 2) , maurocamacho,

# itzel

itzel

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, Texas

Current mood: Relaxed

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Rick:

I dont know how old she is currently, but the time periods theyre looking at are:

She came to the country before turning 16
She was here on June 15 2012 when Obama passed the DACA
She has resided here 5 years prior to June 15 2012 (June 15 2007-June 15 2012)
She has documentation (bills, rent receipts, medical records to prove it)

Itzel

I'm here to help answer questions that you may have, but please remember that in no way am I a lawyer or responsible if any application is denied. I can not guarantee that your application will be processed and accepted. Take every answer we give as an advice, not as a fact or legal advice. Good luck and God Bless You.

Date of Biometrics: September 17 2012 11AM
Date of DACA Approved: October 9 2012
Date of EAD Mailed: October 10 2012
Date of EAD Received: October 12 2012

Apply for SS Card: October 16 2012 930AM
Received SS Card: October 22 2012 1130AM
Applied for TX ID and obtained receipt: October 25 2012 1PM
First day at work: November 1 2012 10AM
Obtained TX DL: March 1 2013

Approved 55 days after sending in application on August 15th and 21 days after completing bio

Sent renewal package: June 9th 2014

Received email and text of USCIS package acceptance: June 11th 2014

Received biometrics appointment for DACA renewal: Got letter June 23rd--Appointment---July 10th 8am

Received renewal for DACA: ????

# Rick

Rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

She has been here for the past 13 years or so. The hang up appears to be the deportation when she was a child. She's 17 now

# Rick

Rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Anybody got some advice?

# Rawf

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Deportation is a delicate topic to discuss, but I'm not exactly sure what to say to you.
I would give it a try and provide documentation, but entering for the second time illegally is something bad and I don't know how it will be in the eyes of the agent revising your friend's documents. There's a possibility that she might get deported for coming back to the US after a deportation.

That's probably the reason why the attorney said she wouldn't qualify. In the other hand it is always good to consult with more than one attorney to make sure.

Good luck to your friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users